- Spend a couple of nights with a local community on a secluded island
- Enjoy the beautiful surroundings, swim in the sea and see colorful fish
- Join the local people in catching fish and help them prepare tasty food
- With this experience you will create a positive impact
- Duration: 3 days/2 nights
This experience will take you to my secluded island on the east of Lombok. It will let you immerse into local living of my community. You will see all what the island and the people have to offer. You can join in cooking local dishes, share stories, go on a boat trip around the island and enjoy the stunning sea.
Our trip to Labuhan Burung will start at 1.45 PM and will take around 6 hours to the island. On arrival we will be picked up by our driver and taken to the village. Dinner will be served at one of the houses in the village where you can taste typical local dishes. After dinner we will mingle with the community to share our stories and then you will be escorted to your house (home sharing based) at the villager's house and take a rest.
The next morning, after breakfast, we will go on a great boat trip for 1 hour. We will go to to the small islands called Gili Keramat, Gili Timudung and we will visit a sandbank in the middle of the ocean that will only comes up during the low tide. You have the chance to join the local people in finding sea snails, fish, crabs, sea cucumbers, clams and other sea animals and take your catch back to village for our meal that night. Lunch will be served in and we will go back to Labuhan Burung where you have the opportunity to take a bath at an open well where people in the village normally take their bath. Then it is time to enjoy our dinner.
After breakfast we will take you to our mangrove center and have a look at the mangrove plantation. You have the chance to plant your own mangrove. After our mangrove tour, you will be taken to a Gussung – a small sandbank in the middle of ocean with a white sandy beach. You will see the beautiful Gussung with its sea urchins, star fish and other colorful fish and take a swim. Then it will be our final lunch at the village and say goodbye before heading to Lombok. We will drop you at your hotel in Lombok ( Mataram & Senggigi area only).
Notes : The timing of the program might changes based on high and low tide schedule however all the program will always be conducted.
- 2 nights in a homestay (villager’s house)
- 2x breakfast, 2x lunch, 2x dinner, 3 pcs of Mandura (traditional wrapped sticky rice snack upon departure)
- All activities mentioned above
- Daily mineral water
- Return ferry tickets (Lombok - Sumbawa Lombok)
- All land transfers in the program