- Live a fisherman life for 4 days
- Live in a fishing village on the beautiful island of Lombok
- Help in day-to-day activities and learn fine salt making
- Participate in cooking meals with local family
- Immerse yourself in the raw beauty of nature
- Live with a local village family
- Learn about local culture and traditions
- You may choose to stay for longer than the suggested 4 days
Lombok Island is located between the islands of Bali and Sumbawa. Our village, located on the eastern coast of Lombok. The village has around 880 households. Most of the population works as fishermen and only a few villagers work as salt farmers. Some families still live in stilt houses. In this village we offer travelers the unique opportunity to live a local life of a farmer, see the best of Lombok and learn the traditional fishing techniques by participating in the everyday working life of a family. You may also join the salt farmers and learn salt making for two days.
This very carefully drafted 4 day activity in the fishing is divided into day-wise plan as follows:
Day 1: Pick-up at the Airport. Transfer to the village and welcome by local family. Walk around the village to observe customs and life in general in the village. We will also visit the neighbouring village. After dinner we will brief you about the program during your stay.
Day 2: Go fishing with your host family at 4 am. Return at 2 pm and take rest. In the evening, share information with the local community in a mutual learning program. Participate in food preparation and observe local traditions.
Day 3: Learn to make fine salt. The class starts at 8 am. Return at 5 pm, participate in cooking dinner with your host family. Evening celebration in the village with farewell party.
Day 4: Prepare to checkout and transfer back to airport.
During free hours and evenings, you may walk around the village, observe traditions and culture, interact with villagers and understand their way of life.
The accommodation you will stay is basic with a squad toilet.
- Pickup from and drop to airport
- Accommodation in communities house
- All meals
- Snacks and drink
- Local guide