HIGHLIGHTS COOKING CLASS UBUD
- Learn traditional Balinese cooking with Wayan and his family
- See what herbs and techniques are used
- Wayan’s mom will show you how to process coconut oil
- Enjoy your self-prepared delicious Balinese food
- Very personal and unique Balinese cooking class in Ubud
- Duration: 6 hours
- Maximum number of people is 6
In the Traditional Balinese Cuisine many kinds of herbs are used. The herbs are also a type of traditional medicine which are still in use today. We will show you how to create these delicious Balinese dishes during this 6 hour cooking class near Ubud.
All the ingredients we are using are organic and fresh. Some of them we grow at our own organic farm. The rest we buy from farmers around our village who also grow organic vegetables and herbs. It is important for us to know the exact source of our ingredients.
One of the interesting activities you can enjoy during the cooking class is how to produce cooking oil in our traditional way. The best Balinese oil maker, “my mom“, will show how we use coconut as our base for traditional oil.
- Pick up at your hotel or home in Ubud, Sanur at 8:30 am or in Kuta around 8:00 am
- Enjoy Balinese breakfast at our compound
- Learn how to process coconut oil
- Cooking class
- Traditional delicious lunch
- Learn how to make an offering
- Transportation back to your hotel or home around 2 pm
By joining this program you are supporting our local community and their families to have a better life. You are also supporting a program to teach English to the children in the village and a recycling project with the aim to educate local people to recycle and reduce plastic garbage.
In case you need to be picked up from Canggu or Kuta the price will be 50 000 IDR extra.More information