HIGHLIGHTS COOKING CLASS WAYAN
- Explore the rich Balinese cuisine
- Learn family-old recipes first hand from Wayan
- Visit a local market and rice fields and learn about their importance
- Get insights in all herbs, spices and vegetables used in the Indonesian cuisine
- Enjoy your delicious self-prepared meal
- Duration: 5 hours
I am Wayan and I and my family love cooking and sharing our traditional recipes with you. Our home cooking is located in Tampaksiring, 15 minutes outside Ubud in the middle of the rice fields.
We will pick you up at your hotel and slowly drive to our place underway stopping at a local market to buy our ingredients. I will explain what ingredients we will use for our traditional paste and the other dishes we are going to make. We will also have a stroll through the rice fields where I will tell you all about the importance of these fields for us.
As soon as we arrive at my families compound you will be warmly welcomed with some refreshing cold ginger tea. Then the culinary exploration starts where I will demonstrate various techniques with you. In total we will prepare nine dishes that you can all savor when ready. We provide you with all the recipes as well.
Morning class starts at 8 am - 1 pm
Afternoon class starts at 3.30 pm - 8 pm
- Pickup and drop off at your hotel
- Visit local market/li>
- Visit and enjoy scenery as well as learn about rice cultivation
- Welcome drink with cold ginger tea/li>
- Learn to make Balinese spice paste that is used as base (sauce) for many dishes
- Learn to make 9 dishes/li>