- Learn the secrets behind the authentic Balinese cuisine
- Not only learn how to cook Balinese food, but also learn about the philosophy behind it
- Visit the local market, learn about the different ingredients and spices
- Empower the local people of the village directly
- Duration: 5 hours
- The maximum number of participants is 6
How better exploring Balinese local life and culture then by food. During this cooking class you will learn the secrets of the authentic Balinese cuisine.
The cooking class starts with a visit to the traditional market. Here you can see all kinds of spices, ingredients that are used for cooking Balinese food and it is a good chance to learn more about the social life of the Balinese people.
The cooking class is different compared to other cooking classes. We do not just show you how to cook Balinese food but also tell you about the philosophy behind it.
08:00– 08.15 : departure or pick up service from hotel (we take sufficient time for transportation)
11:00 : arrive and get a welcome drink with a cup of ginger tea, explanation of Balinese daily life
11:15 : cooking class introduction
11:30 : coffee break (coffee, tea or water and Balinese cake included )
12:00 : continue to cook
13:00 : lunch
14:00 : back to hotel
This cooking class started to empower and to develop the local village and to encourage the young generation in developing their capability.
- Welcome drink hot ginger tea
- Program Introduction
- Explanation of Balinese daily life, such as Balinese architecture, Lontar writing, offer making
- Cooking class and recipes
- Pick-up & drop-off service with private AC transportation