- Be a farmer for three days
- Live in a village on the beautiful island of Lombok
- Learn about different stages in cultivation of rice
- Immerse yourself in the raw beauty of nature
- Live with a local village family
- Volunteer to teach English to young villagers if you have time at night
- Enjoy activities of soft trek, rice terraces, community garden, Benang Kelambu waterfall and sightseeing. If you want to trek to Mt. Rinjani National Park it will be an extra cost as it out of the activity
- YDuration is 3 days, you may stay longer if you plan to do trek to Mt. Rinjani
During three days you will get a good experience with local rice farming. After picking you up at the airport you will be warmly welcomed by one of our local families that will host you. They will provide you a short introduction about themselves and what you can expect in the next few days. You will join the family to work in rice paddy field, maybe preparing the land for rice cultivation or prepare the seedbed for the rice seedlings or relocating the seedlings, learn about land and water sanitation and how to protect the rice against animals. In the evenings you can even help them in preparing delicious Indonesian food.
During free hours at night, you may volunteering to teach English to the young villagers. It will help them to find work employment for the future. Many of these youngsters work as tour guides and can take you around to the nearby attractions. The village and around is filled with scenic beauty, waterfalls, diverse flora & fauna and a National Park that contains incredible biodiversity. There are many trekking opportunities for the adventure seekers. It will be an inspiring and personal experience you will never forget.
The accommodation you will stay is basic with a squad toilet.
- Pickup from and drop to airport
- Accommodation in communities house
- All meals
- Snacks and drink
- Local guide
- Farm activities