- Visit a traditional Balinese village and experience local life
- Pick your own lunch at our farm
- Give local farmers a helping hand with harvesting or planting rice
- Have a bath in the natural hot springs in the nearby river
- Plant a tree or paint and decorate a garbage bin to help solve the garbage problem
- Duration: 1 day
- Maximum group size is 6 people
Today you are going to experience different aspects of Balinese local life. You will be warmly welcomed with freshly brewed organic coffee or mint/lemon grass tea with honey and a traditional snack. After you enjoyed this morning booster we will visit a traditional Balinese compound. You can experience how the local people still cook in bamboo huts on wood fires, how they make their baskets and you can see how they take their daily bath in the river, as the village has no running water. It is a struggle in this mountain area and we try to help them with our Farm Foundation.
We continue our journey by picking our own lunch at The Farm. While the team is preparing your lunch, you will follow the small paths on the farm to the stunning terraced rice-fields. Depending on the season you can give the rice farmers a helping hand with harvesting or planting rice. You will find what a hard work it is! After this morning exercise you can have a bath in the natural hot springs in the river. Be aware though that there are no changing rooms in the jungle! You continue walking through the typical Balinese village and will visit the local school if possible and the traditional beautiful bamboo temple.
You will enjoy the 3-course organic lunch you picked yourself this morning, served with dark brown bread, homemade jams, ice cream, local snacks and juices. All of the fruits and vegetables are fresh from the garden.
In the afternoon you will paint and decorate a garbage bin on the road to help Bali in a small part to solve its garbage problem or you will plant a fruit tree along the road so the next generation can “pick your fruits”.
- All snacks
- Organic lunch
- Local guide
- Entrance fees for hot springs, sacral areas
- Transportation from and to your hotel (we can help arrange it)