HIGHLIGHTS FARMSTAY BOGOR
- Live and relax in the middle of the mountains and tropical nature
- Enjoy their amazing food
- Go on a farm tour or hike to a waterfall
- Enjoy freshly brewed coffee on their veranda or read one of their many books
- Duration: 3 days/2 nights
Hi, we are Jocean and Ayu. We started this farm because we think that there are a lot of good things from the past that are in danger of being forgotten. Indonesia has a wealth of nature, flavors, cultures, and craftsmanship, but because of other interests there is a threat of losing this wealth. So on our farm we try to create a place to treasure this old wisdom and wealth with touches of modern technology. By staying with us, you are helping in the preservation of the rural farming lifestyle and by eating our food and squatting over the crops with our team, you will appreciate them for what they do, while you learn where good food comes from and what it takes to make it.
Our farm is the perfect place to relax, enjoy the slow life, read books, interact with new friends, and the locals. We grow a lot of the food that you'll be eating while you stay with us. Our menu is a mix of Western and Sundanese diets. For you, this means great food, fresh air, and often, new friends to share our long dinner table with.
Besides farm tour, if you're brave enough to bushwack your way to the jungle, we'll take you on a lush hike to Citaman waterfall, located just above us in the Halimun Salak National Park. You can jump into the swimming hole at the base of the waterfall.
Overall, this is a place that represents a lot of what we believe the world can be. It's a safe place to enjoy the slow life, eat well, and share good times. It's also a place we bring our friends and families. It is a place to remember, or discover, that nature is good and worthy of our admiration and protection.
The roofs of the first buildings were put on by master craftsmen from Kesepuhan Ciptagelar, a fantastic kingdom on the other side of Mount Salak. The leuits are modified rice barns built by the same people and the cabins are lit with solar power.
Four architects, many designers, chefs and friends, have been involved in various parts of the design process, but the vision holding all the big pieces together has always been Jocean's and the fine and pretty details Ayu's. It was mostly built by our mountain neigbhours/craftsmen/friends, as well as one very good Javanese carpenter.
- Sunset arrival
- Overnight in recycled teak bungalows, or Sundanese Leuit/rice barns...
- National park waterfall hike - Lunch
- Board games and conversation, wander the grounds
- Communal dinner & music
- Farm tour and veggie picking
How to get here:
Board a train from Jakarta (Jakarta Kota station / Sudirman station) - Bogor, change to Bogor Paledang station, continue the journey from Bogor Paledang station - Cicurug station (Sukabumi line). Take ojek (motorcycle taxi) from the station to our farm (it costs IDR 30.000).
- We can arrange a pickup from Bogor station, message us for price
- 2 weeks in advance booking is required to make sure we get enough time to prepare for the food and give the best experience during your stay
- Some flexibility of arrival departure times/meals may be allowed for two-night stays, this is one of the functions of advance bookings, guests may contact us with their particular details, we will do our best to accommodate.
- Private room in a Javanese bungalow, with a shared bathroom
- 7 Organic meals: dinner, breakfast, lunch, evening snacks & tea time, dinner, - breakfast, lunch
- Farm tour
- Trekking activities to either the Citaman waterfall
- Local guide
- Access to lounge area filled with: books, guitar, board games, dominoes, fully stocked bar (beer and solid wine list), spacious dining room, main kitchen, farm.