HIGHLIGHTS FARMSTAY CLOSE TO JAKARTA
- Get away from the hustle and bustle of Jakarta
- Enjoy a farmstay surrounded by nature, with ride paddies in the backyard and a view of Mt. Gede
- Walk through the tea plantations, the jungle and visit a refreshing waterfall
- Purify your body and mind with mediation and yoga
- Enjoy delicious organic homemade food
- Duration: from 1 night>
I always love being surrounded by nature and after working in the mining industry for a few years I decided to give back to my roots by running this organic farm in Cigombong along with 18 local people of whom most is my family. We put sustainability at the core of our management so it gives the impact directly to the locals.
I offer you the opportunity to escape from the busy city of Jakarta and treat yourself to a 2-day getaway at my organic farm in Cigombong. My farm is only 2-hours away from the city. Not only will you be surrounded by the lush green nature, you also will enjoy amazing farm to table food. From breakfast, lunch, snack, to a home cooked dinner.
During your farmstay, you will have the chance to join in various activities. You can explore the coffee plantation, tea plantation, go to the waterfall, walk through the rice terrace or even do a river trekking. You can also join mediation, yoga or other health-related activities or join in the farm tour and grow your own vegetables. We produce various vegetables like kale, pak choi, lettuce, carrots and fruits like lemon, durian, banana, and more.
While you're enjoying your time, our cook, Ibu War will prepare a great dinner; usually, we'll have traditional baked rice with fish (nasi bakar), traditional tofu (tahu), tempe, and vegetables.
- Harvesting and making tea
- Harvesting and making coffee
- Harvesting rice
How to get here:
Board a train from Jakarta (Jakarta Kota station / Sudirman station) - Bogor, change to Bogor Paledang station, continue the journey from Bogor Paledang station - Cigombong station. We'll pick you up by a car at Cigombong. Or you can drive by car, it takes approx 2.3 hours.
Check in time: 2 PM - checkout time: 12 PM / after lunch
- Make sure you bring extra cash since we also run our organic shop that sells various kind of vegetables, tea, coffee, and fruits. By buying ingredients from our farm, you also support the families of farmers that work with us
- Additional 3 euros is required for bookings on weekend
- Private room with (max 2 persons) and private bathroom with hot water
- Pick up and drop off service from Cigombong train station
- 5 Organic meals: evening snack, dinner, breakfast, snack, lunch
- Introduction tour to our organic farm
- Trekking activities to either the waterfall & pine trees
- Coffee and tea plantation visit
- 5 AM sunrise call to tea plantation (optional)
- Local guide