- Immerse yourself in local village life and catch a glimpse of the people
- Plough the field in the old fashioned way, harvest rice or learn how to carry water on your head
- Stay overnight with a local family and see their daily rituals
- Enjoy delicious Indian homemade food
- Contribute directly to locals in the village by taking this tour
- Duration: 2 days
- Maximum number of participants is 6
If you really want to go back to basics and truly see local life in India you have to stay in an Indian rural village. The first day will be the same as the Experience Indian village life for a day.
To truly understand how life is in the villages, you will have to immerse yourself in it by joining the local people in their day-to-day work. You can plow the field, harvest the rice, make bricks or learn to carry water on your head. And there are other activities which you can take part in, such as fishing, swimming and playing cricket.
You will spend the night with a local Indian family who will warmly welcome you and will serve you some delicious Indian food. Beware that you will be encouraged to eat with your hands!
The next day you will have a typical Indian breakfast. Afterward you can join local people in their work or just wander around a bit before returning by boat back to Mumbai.
I you want to make a lasting impact on the community save just a few kilos of space in your suitcase and bring some supplies schools or medical clinics in need, you'll make a priceless impact in the lives of our local children and families.
By going on one of our tours, you will be contributing directly to the work of our sister organization a non-profit organization. We run some educational projects directly ourselves in the Dharavi area, but we also support the work of other NGOs (charities) doing great work in the same community.
Meeting point: pick up is from your hotel
Starting time: 8.30am
- English speaking guide
- Breakfast, Lunch and dinner
- Drinking water