- Fully organic farm growing many different sorts of fruits, vegetables and spices
- Guided village tour to get to know the local lifestyle
- Learn to make local Sikkimese dishes
- Visit local monasteries and schools
- Bird watching on and near the farm
- If you want you can help with the farming activities
- Duration: from 2 nights >
- Total number of rooms is 5
Drive through groves of bamboo to the beautiful rustic heritage farmhouse which was built in 1833 and remodeled in 1966. Our homestay consists of 44-acre mountain farm with an open mixed forest of pine, Himalayan alder, schima, chestnut, magnolia, rhododendrons, cherry and other trees.
Our Farm is tucked away far from the crowds, in an idyllic countryside with a backdrop of the Khangchendzonga group of peaks and the skyline of the Singelila Range.
The farm is located in West Sikkim, two kilometers from the small bazaar village of Rinchenpong at an altitude of 1500 metres (four hours drive from Bagdogra airport). Sikkim is just slightly bigger than the area of Delhi, but its size belies its richness of culture, customs, heritage, flora and fauna.
The accommodation is simple and rustic with five wood paneled rooms in the Tibetan style and private bathrooms with hot and cold running water. This is a fabulous place for gentle walks and an insight into local Buddhist culture and life in the foothills of the Himalaya.
You’ll enjoy our freshly prepared, hearty meals to suit non-vegetarians or vegetarians. Wherever possible, fresh organic farm produce is used and you can sample Sikkim cheese, nettle soup and a wide range of other tasty, local dishes. Dine in our cosy living room or choose to be served on your verandah or in a gazebo overlooking the fields and hills.
- Home cooked meals