- Experience our organic farm in the easter Himalayas
- Join me on a nature and village walk
- Immerse in our farm activities like planting and picking veggies, milking the cows, learning about organic farming
- Learn to cook our traditional Indian food during a cooking class
- Join a bamboo handicraft, mud bricks and waste up-cycling workshops
- Duration: 2days
Our farm is located on 6 acres situated in a small village near Darjeeling. The farm is surrounded by farmlands, wild forests and beautiful village scenery. It overlooks the Relli river and the hills of Lava, a popular birding destination.It offers a great way to relax, unwind and enjoy the small pleasures of slow-paced country life. A few days exploring the huge arc of mountains astride the Relli valley can be a most rewarding experience. The vast virgin forests, which rise along the wild and uninhabited Neora valley to the tri-junction with Bhutan and Sikkim, offer you a lot in a range of flora from the sub-tropical to the near Alpine at 3100 meters.Our aim is to develop the land in an eco-conscious way, using permaculture techniques, natural building techniques, growing sustainably while also being respectful of the local culture and tradition. We have recently installed WIFI & electricity to create a self-reliant communication hub here.
We are looking to bring people together from different backgrounds who are interested in, or have experience of, sustainable practices. Join us and help in creating an ecovillage that imparts knowledge and experience to people, regardless of background, faith, and religion.
We have 5 cottages built in indigenous technique using eco-friendly materials like mud blocks, bamboo and mud plasters all with private balcony overlooking the serene mountain view. All our cottages have electricity and attached toilets with hot shower. We also have our own natural water spring, organic vegetable, and herb garden.
We serve dishes prepared from homegrown vegetables right out of our field, locally delivered fresh meat, and dairy products proudly produced by our cows and chicken coop. Our fixed menu features classic Indian & Nepali, authentic Chinese as well as rustic Italian recipes.
The principles of our ecovillage – self-sufficiency, zero waste, renewable power generation, organic growing, sharing, and connection to nature – have been practiced by humanity for thousands of years.More information
- Accommodation in a comfortable private room with attached Toilets and hot water
- All meals ( Home cook using organic fruits & Veggies)
- Nature & Village Walking Tour
- Nepali Cooking Classes
- Participation in Farm activities, depending upon your interest.
Not Inclusive of
- Travel expenses to and from our
- Farm Expenses of personal nature
- Taxi Hire for sightseeing, side trips and optional tours.