- Immerse yourself in Rajasthan's folk and farm culture
- Stay in a traditional hut with a thatched roof
- Help in day to day activities, just relax or do some yoga
- Enjoy the rich Indian cuisine
- Duration: from 1 night+
- Maximum number of participants is 5
Far from the chaos of Indian cities, I invite you to immerse yourself in Rajasthan's farm culture on a working organic farm near Jaipur. Hosted by MaliramSji, a local farmer and his wife Manju, you'll experience the simple joys of village life on the Indian country side.
Under the warm afternoon sun, take a dip in the in-house pool, which is kept chlorine free with natural water cleaning techniques. Or lie on the khatiya/ (a traditional woven bed) in the courtyard, spotting birds. You can also immerse in farm activities like milking the cows, feeding the goats, and helping in sowing, harvesting and cutting crops.
If you want to learn Indian cooking you can try your hand at the indigenous open-air Chulha (traditional oven). Assist Manju as she introduces you to the local spices and herbs, and the ways of the Rajasthani kitchen. All the food is prepared fresh with vegetables and herbs grown on the farm. Try a traditional Rajasthani meal like the dal bati churma/or local curries and bajra/rotis. You will definitely indulge your taste buds!
Go for a walk and cycle along the surrounding farms. On cool winter nights, you can gather around a campfire under the stars, and listen to captivating tales of local legends. You will stay in traditional thatched roof hut on the farm with a double bed.
- Pickup from and drop to Jaipur railway station
- Accommodation in a thatched roof hut
- Three meals a day
- Activities like cooking classes, yoga
- Travel insurance expenses arising out of unforeseen circumstances
- Personal expenses