- Take an in-depth walk through the nunnery. Visit the mystical cave, classrooms, kitchen, and the prayer hall
- Participate in prayers or philosophical debates with the nuns
- Learn a Mantra and its significance
- Learn how the nuns access water in the winters, grow vegetables, heat water, and generate their own electricity for the Nunnery using the power of the Sun
- Learn the basics of Bhoti – the Tibetan dialect. Write your name and a mantra in Bhoti
- Help the nuns prepare dinner and sit down with them to enjoy the food
- Duration: 2days/1 night
Curious about what life is like in a nunnery? Intrigued by Tibetan Buddhism and keen to discover more? During this experience, you will get to know the real deal! Leave the outside world behind for a while. Find peace and tranquility in the Himalayan mountains. Discover a day in the life of a Nun and enter gateways into the hidden corners of the self.
We will start taking you back in time to the origin of the nunnery which was a simple cave at that time where 12 nuns lived for over 10 years. We will have a walk through the nunnery so that you can see this mystical cave, the classrooms, kitchen, and prayer hall. You even have the chance to participate in prayers or philosophical debates with the nuns. While you’re there, you will learn a Mantra and its significance - perhaps commit it to memory for when you may need it most in the outside world.
You will also gain insight into how the nuns fill their days and how they grow vegetables, heat water, and generate their own electricity for the Nunnery using the power of the Sun.
After a sumptuous hearty lunch, it is time to learn the basics of Bhoti – the Tibetan dialect. Write your name and a mantra in Bhoti.
In the late afternoon, we recommend taking in the serenity and beauty of the nunnery on a walk to the fields nearby or the scenic village nearby. If you love cooking you can help the nuns prepare dinner and sit down with them to enjoy the food and share stories.More information
- Transport to and from the Nunnery
- One-night accommodation at the Nunnery
- Meals at the Nunnery
Not Inclusive of
- Mineral water and beverages (other than those provided)
- Tips & Insurance
- Expenses arising out of unforeseen circumstances
- Any additional activities not mentioned in the program