- Learn traditional batik painting
- Take home your own beautiful piece
- Support the local community directly with this class
- Duration: 4 hours
- Maximum number of people is 6
Do you like being creative with paint and textile? Then this batik workshop is maybe your cup of tea. Everywhere you look in Gambia you see people wearing batik clothes. The Gambians love these colorful clothes. Geneba or one of the others will teach you all the ins and outs of batik painting. In order to be able to batik the textile needs to be treated with a specific wax first. As soon as the wax has dried the textile can be painted. The parts that have wax don’t absorb any paint. In this way you can create beautiful patterns. Take home your own piece of artwork.
- Take home your own piece of Batik textile