- Full-day bike tour to Angkor Archaeological Park from Siem Reap
- Learn about the local culture and history from local guide Pok Saroon who was born and raised in the region
- Explore the jungle temple, Ta Prom, where trees intertwine with ancient ruins
- Admire the beautiful Sras Srang lake.
Pick up is at your hotel at 7:30 am. We will start by heading to the main temple, Angkor Wat, the largest religious monument in the world, the greatest of the Khmer temples. There you will find Khmer art from the 12th century, such beautiful architecture you will hardly believe your eyes.
We will then go to the south gate of Angkor Thom and visit the Bayon temple, and the state temple of the Mahayana Buddhist King Jayavarman VII. I hope you are feeling energetic and had a big breakfast that morning, because we will then cycle to the Terrace of Elephants, where the king would sit to observe the training of elephants. Along the way you will see local farmers tending the land in the rainy season and selling their produce in the hot season. Then I will take you to see hidden gem Prasat Chrung temple that most tourists will not normally visit with off-road cycling that you will enjoy. This is an off-the-beaten track tour like no other, as we explore the hidden temple in the forest, Tanie Temple.
There will be time to take a break, and then we shall keep going to see an amazing view of Ta Prohm, left as it was discovered. Kapok trees clasp the sanctuaries with their mighty roots. After Ta Prom, we will take a moment to visit the ancient Sras Srang lake. At this point, if you wish, you may head back to the hotel like a local via Romork Khmer (Tuk Tuk). Or we can visit the Banteay Kdey temple followed by a short ride back into Siem Reap.More information
- Professional English speaking tour guide - Modern, high-quality mountain bikes with; large gear sets, disc brakes and good front suspension (Giant). - Helmet - Cool drink & refreshing towel and coconut juice - Hotel pick up / Drop-off
Not Inclusive of
- Temple pass - Lunch