- Participate in local village life of the Koh Preah community
- Enjoy a boat trip on the Mekong River
- Have the chance to see the Mekong River dolphin (seasonal)
- Duration: 3 days
- Maximum number of participants is 6
During these three days you will get the opportunity to participate in local village life of the Koh Preah community. You can participate in their day-to-day activities, they will take you on a boat trip on the Mekong River and tell you all about their culture or you can do a hike in the beautiful lush green jungle that surrounds the village. You even have the chance to see the endangered Mekong River dolphin depending on the season. In the evening you can help the local family in preparing typical Khmer dishes.
Koh Preah is a village situated on a small island in the middle of the Mekong River and is 35km from Stung Treng Town. Koh Preah is an untouched place. The trip to Koh Preah by bicycle is an unforgettable travel experience. We will cycle along the local gravel roads following the Mekong River, passing many local families and their rice fields. I think the stretch of the Mekong to the South of Koh Preah is one of the most beautiful parts of the Mekong River. After two hours it will become quieter and the only sounds you hear are from nature and your bike. We will cross the Mekong by boat and the village people of Koh Preah will warmly welcome you. This will be your home for the next two days.
During your stay I will be your guide as the village people have difficulties in speaking English.
- Mountain bike rental for 3 days
- A return boat crossing from the mainland to Koh Preah
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner at the Koh Preah Community
- Two nights in a community homestay on the island of Koh Preah
- Drinking water (during the bike ride)
- A local English-speaking guide
- Community guide at Koh Preah
- A boat trip to visit the areas around Koh Preah
- A local steam bath and blessing by a local nun
- Involvement in the community activities
- The work will be dependent on the time of the year