- Bring a visit to the local market & buy fresh ingredients
- Learn to cook traditional Khmer style dishes in a local family’s house
- Enjoy delicious homemade food
- Experience local life in the Cambodian countryside
- Duration: 3 hours
- Maximum number of guests is 6
Welcome to Banteay Chhmar! During this cooking class you will taste and experience typical homemade Khmer food and even learn to make it yourself. The class will be held in a local families house which will give you a feeling of Cambodian life in the countryside.
We will start with a visit to the local market where we will tell you everything about the ingredients we use. One of our English-speaking villagers will join to translate, as many of our families can’t speak English. After having explored the market and chatted with the villagers we will head home to start our cooking. The best part of the class will be enjoying the fruits of your labor by enjoying your lunch and dessert in the hospitality of your new Khmer friends.
The cooking class starts at 8.30 am and will finish around 11.30 am.
We are a typical Khmer village not far from Siem Reap, Battambang and Sisophon. If you prefer we can help you in arranging transportation.
- Cooking class (you will only pay for the ingredients)
- English-speaking guide
- Drinking water