HIGHLIGHTS ATLAS MOUNTAIN TREK
- Follow the ancient old nomadic Berber trails
- Trek through the amazing Atlas mountains
- Pass Berber villages and friendly locals
- After the trekking have the chance to relax in a hammam and get a massage
- Duration: From 2 days/1 night>
This experience will take you off the usual tourist routes over the nomadic Berber trails that have been used for centuries.
The variety of landscapes and intensity of sensations characterizes this part of Morocco known as the Gorger Dades valley. Along the way we will pass Berber villages where the local women make precious Argan and Rose oil. You will meet these friendly and hospitable people of the mountains.
I know every single stone, tree and flower and I will share my story of this area where I grew up. We will walk along the ocher canyons and gorges eroded by time, having a stop from time to time to relax in the shadow of ancient trees. Further will take the trail reaching small villages surrounded by gardens where ancient kasbahs cling, climb further up the Atlas Mountains.
If you choose to go for this trekking for more than one day we’ll sleep in a cave where a nomad family lives. We’ll cook our food there, learning how to prepare traditional dishes like tajin and couscous.
When we are coming back from the trekking, indulge in a memorable afternoon of well-being in a typical hammam, according to long ancestral rituals, including a wise massage with Argan oil.
You can choose for a day of trekking to a few days of trekking. You can just book the number of days you like.
- Local English speaking guide
- Mountain trekking
- Accommodation in a cave (when staying overnight)
- All meals
- Transportation to and from Gorges Dades (I can arrange this for you)